Digital Marketing and SEO Manager
We are seeking an experienced digital marketing and SEO specialist to join our team to head up our project-based work, client monthly retainers and continuous improvement of the agency’s online presence and conversions.
This mainly involves strategically advising and implementing SEO on new website builds, setting the foundations for ongoing SEO retainers and ensuring previous SEO performance is not lost in the transition. Although this role maintains an SEO focus, the ideal candidate would be keen to pursue all fields of digital marketing including Google Ads, email marketing, A/B testing and will be commercially minded, motivated by increased conversions for our clients and ourselves.
Our client base is varied so you’d be working on B2B and B2C accounts across a wide variety of sectors including leisure and tourism, property and construction, retail and manufacturing.
Research and planning
- To conduct keyword research, both long and short tail, for new websites launches
as well as refreshes for existing websites. This research will be used to form the basis of content strategies, on-page optimisation and position tracking dashboards.
- To conduct initial landscape analysis and competitor research to be included as part of keyword research docs when launching new websites or producing new strategies for existing websites.
- Conduct on- and off-page SEO audits
- To analyse organic traffic, conversions and keyword ranking data, and provide
analysis of results and suggested next steps for optimisation.
- Produce keyword dashboards and regular reports on organic performance.
- Monitor multiple websites for technical SEO issues, such as indexing, loading speed, navigation, duplicate pages, canonical tags, URL structure, CWV etc
- Perform content gap analysis.
- Feed into existing web development and A/B testing roadmaps.
- Analyse the performance data for each major optimisation tactic, track performance
through the suitable metrics and report back on both positive and negative changes.
- Take responsibility for position tracking dashboard updates and maintenance.
- Report any highlights or concerns Account Manager as part of organic acquisition reports.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Managing key internal stakeholder relationships, mainly between the Web & Account
Team and the Content Team
- Where required, to work with partners and external stakeholders when pitching new optimisation ideas.
- To work in collaboration with the Design Team where applicable.
- To explore new, innovative SEO tactics, content marketing and outreach
The approach you need to bring to the role:
- Mindset to think beyond brochure websites, with a clear focus on outcomes.
- Exhibit a passion for digital excellence and bring it every day.
- A self-starter who is happy to create a vision and own the delivery.
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions and embed learning.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working with clients and internal teams.
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a growing business, from strategic thinking to creating processes and training guides.
What we offer
As well as the usual suspects, including a pension plan and a competitive salary, we also offer:
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays, plus extra time off for Christmas (including Christmas Eve)
- A relaxed working atmosphere at our home in the heart of Birmingham with great transportation links and within walking distance to some of the best pubs, restaurants and bars the city has to offer
- Some good old fashioned fun – we like spending time together and love the odd after work tipple
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join a team where your ideas and opinion will be valued. If you’re interested or would like to know more information about this role, get in touch – we’d love a chat!