We Are Hiring
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our busy and lively team here at Barques.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be a talented full stack developer having held a senior position for a minimum of 5 years. You are confident managing servers, domains, DNS and other IT infrastructure. You consider yourself a well-rounded developer and skilled technical lead, always taking a positive approach to technical solutions. You have the ability to plan and estimate projects, whilst remaining hands on technical. Actively contributing to a number of projects would be the day to day, with no day ever being the same.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- An enthusiastic individual who enjoys building a variety of projects and can talk passionately about their work
- Present solutions to complex client issues and explain solutions to a non-technical audience
- Client friendly and comfortable supporting the client services teams within client meetings
- Work closely to help the creative team’s vision for projects become a reality by finding solutions for their ideas or when not possible offering alternative solutions
- Strong front-end development skills, with the ability to turn a PSD into standards compliant mark-up
- Provide excellent PHP back-end and database knowledge to transform a front-end build into workable solutions, including integration of solutions into CMS such as WordPress & Magento
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and payment gateways, helping to guide clients and internal team to the right platform as required
- Contribute to planning meetings with the team to discuss briefs, timings and offer ideas to help add value to projects
- Manage multiple projects from a development perspective and have an overview of the work within the development team
- Understand that deadlines are of paramount importance ensuring all work is completed to time and budget
- Ideally you’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in an agency, having held senior technical roles in the past
Required Technical Experience
- Expert knowledge of LAMP stack
- PHP OO programming and MVC experience is essential (Codeigniter, Laravel)
- Expert knowledge of MySQL and relational databases
- Experience with other server-side languages and web frameworks
- Prior experience of development of custom functionality and themes within WordPress and Magento
- Thorough knowledge of RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience of using version control using GIT
- Experience of automating development workflow, such as deployments or server config
- Expert knowledge of domain and DNS management
- Prior experience of sever administration, WHM and cPanel would be extremely beneficial
- Expert knowledge of front-end technologies – HTML5, CSS3, Sass, AJAX, JSON and jQuery
- Good understanding of technical SEO principles and how to implement best practices
- Good understanding of front-end accessibility and performance
- Experience of using front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap & Foundation, plus building responsive sites from scratch using HTML5 & CCS3
- Experience of building HTML emails using Campaign Monitor or MailChimp
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & Sketch would be beneficial
- Experience of developing on Mac OS X
Salary negotiable based upon experience.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch with a CV and brief description of why you think you’d be perfect for the role to email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.