We are looking for a Web Developer to join our busy digital team. The role is diverse, and will require you to work on coding websites (based on existing designs), building WordPress templates from scratch, and helping out when required with content entry and population tasks. Actively contributing to a number of projects would be the day to day, with no day ever being the same.
Your skill set should include:
- Ability to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Understanding of Photoshop – to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to implement code to good SEO best practices.
- A working understanding of PHP and ability to build templates for CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Proficient knowledge of LAMP stack
- Prior experience of development of custom functionality and themes within WordPress and Magento
- Experience of using version control using GIT
- Experience of automating development workflow, such as deployments or server config
- Some knowledge of domain and DNS management
- Expert knowledge of front-end technologies – HTML5, CSS3, Sass, AJAX, JSON and jQuery
- Good understanding of technical SEO principles and how to implement best practices
- Good understanding of front-end accessibility and performance
- Experience of using front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap & Foundation, plus building responsive sites from scratch using HTML5 & CCS3
- Experience of building HTML emails using Campaign Monitor or MailChimp
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & Sketch would be beneficial
- Experience of developing on Mac OS X
- Strong front-end development skills, with the ability to turn a PSD into standards compliant mark-up
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contribute to planning meetings with the team to discuss briefs, timings and offer ideas to help add value to projects
- Understand that deadlines are of paramount importance ensuring all work is completed to time and budget
- You have the ability to plan and estimate projects, whilst remaining hands on technical.
- Provide PHP back-end and database knowledge to transform a front-end build into workable solutions, including integration of solutions into CMS such as WordPress & Magento
- An enthusiastic individual who enjoys building a variety of projects and can talk passionately about their work
- Present solutions to complex client issues and explain solutions to a non-technical audience
- Work closely to help the creative team’s vision for projects become a reality by finding solutions for their ideas or when not possible offering alternative solutions
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and payment gateways
- Experience with other server-side languages and web frameworks
- Prior experience of server administration, WHM and cPanel would be extremely beneficial
- Confident managing servers, domains, DNS and other IT infrastructure
- Salary negotiable based upon experience.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch with a CV and brief description of why you think you’d be perfect for the role to email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.