We are seeking an experienced digital marketing and SEO specialist to join our team to head up our project-based work, client monthly retainers and continuous improvement of the agency’s online presence and conversions.
Predominantly, this position involves strategically advising and implementing SEO on new website builds, setting the foundations for ongoing SEO retainers and ensuring previous SEO performance is not lost in the transition. Although this role maintains an SEO focus, the ideal candidate would be commercially-minded, motivated to increase conversions for our clients and company and keen to pursue all fields of digital marketing including Google Ads, email marketing and A/B testing.
Our client base is varied so you would be working on B2B and B2C accounts across a wide variety of sectors – leisure and tourism, property and construction and retail and manufacturing are just a few examples.
Research and planning
- Conducting keyword research, both long and short tail, for new website launches alongside refreshes for existing websites. This research will be used to form the basis of content strategies, on-page optimisation and position tracking dashboards.
- Carrying out initial landscape analysis and competitor research to be included as part of keyword research documents when launching new websites or producing new strategies for existing websites.
- Conduct on and off-page SEO audits.
- Analysing organic traffic, conversions and keyword ranking data as well as providing an analysis of results and suggested next steps for optimisation.
- Producing keyword dashboards and regular reports on organic performance.
- Monitoring multiple websites for technical SEO issues, such as indexing, loading speed, navigation, duplicate pages, canonical tags, URL structure and CWV.
- Perform content gap analysis.
- Feed into existing web development and A/B testing roadmaps.
- Analyse the performance data for each major optimisation tactic as well as tracking performance
- through suitable metrics and reporting back on both positive and negative changes.
- Responsible for position tracking dashboard updates and maintenance.
- Report any highlights or concerns to the Account Manager as part of organic acquisition reports.
PPC/Paid Ads Management
- Day to day management of PPC accounts through keywords, negatives & ads optimisation, A/B testing & data analysis.
- Manage all aspects of campaign planning, rollout and optimisation.
- Managing and optimising accounts using Google bidding solutions.
- Implement advanced bidding and targeting strategies for performance.
- Maintain and develop shopping campaigns through product performance optimisation, shopping feed optimisation and website data quality checks.
- Weekly reporting on the key metrics of revenue.
- Measuring and analysing campaign performance & using web analytics to identify areas of improvement.
- Work closely with designing team to create strong assets tailored for placements.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Managing key internal stakeholder relationships, mainly between the Web & Account team and the Content Team.
- Where required, to work with partners and external stakeholders when pitching new optimisation ideas.
- To work in collaboration with the Design Team where applicable.
- To explore innovative SEO, content marketing and outreach tactics.
The approaches you need to bring to the role:
- Demonstrate a mindset to think beyond brochure websites, with a clear focus on outcomes.
- Exhibit a passion for digital excellence which you can continuously illustrate.
- A self-starter who is happy to create a vision and own the delivery.
- An ability to work quickly and flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions and embed learning.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working with clients and internal teams.
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a growing business – from strategic thinking to the formation of processes and training guides.
What we offer
As well as the usual suspects, including a pension plan and a competitive salary, we also offer:
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays, plus extra time off for Christmas (including Christmas Eve).
- A relaxed working atmosphere at our home in the heart of Birmingham with great transportation links and within walking distance to some of the best pubs, restaurants and bars the city has to offer.
- Some good old fashioned fun – we like spending time together and love the odd after work tipple.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join a team where your ideas and opinion will be valued. If you are interested or would like to know more information about this role, please get in touch – we would love a chat!