As a web developer, you will work within our highly skilled development team on a variety of exciting projects where you will support on the frontend build of mainly WordPress and NextJS websites.
We’re looking for someone who can bring the same enthusiasm and energy into every project and grow their experience and skills through working on projects and collaborating with the development team.
This role is for employment on a permanent basis where you'll work at our office in central Birmingham, but we’re open to flexible working on request.
The role will be more front-end focused, but the applicant will need a working understanding of PHP.
Required skills and experience
- Wordpress, building custom themes/templates
- Headless CMS
- Sass, Gulp/Webpack and frameworks such as Tailwind
- React/NextJS and GraphQL
- HTML emails
- DNS records
- WHM and cPanel
- SEO principles and how to implement code to good SEO best practices
- Experience in an agency environment is essential
The approach you need to bring to the role
- Exhibit a passion for digital excellence and bring it every day.
- A self-starter who is happy to create a vision and own the delivery with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions and embed learning
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working with the internal team but also speaking with clients on occasion
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a growing business, from strategic thinking to creating processes and training guides
What we offer
As well as the usual suspects, including a pension plan and a competitive salary, we also offer:
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays, plus extra time off for Christmas (including Christmas Eve)
- A relaxed working atmosphere at our home in the heart of Birmingham with great transportation links and within walking distance to some of the best pubs, restaurants and bars the city has to offer
- Some good old fashioned fun – we like spending time together and love the odd after work tipple
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join a team where your ideas and opinion will be valued. If you’re interested or would like to know more information about this role, get in touch – we’d love a chat!